Centro offers a combination of services falling into program categories of education and personal growth, justice and advocacy, and emergency “safety net” services.
- Paralegal and legal assistance programs including counseling for landlord/tenant, eviction defense, family law, immigration, contract, employment, and consumer law.
- Food Distribution: In 2008, in food only requests, Centro distributed approximately 26 tons of food to 2,590 Long Beach area families.
- Women’s Self-Esteem: Grupo Yamin graduates and mentors include 25 women who meet at least once per month. Additionally, there are 15 in the current group of women’s self-esteem meeting once a week. Additionally, Counselor Maria Eugenia provides Spanish-speaking individual and couples counseling and monthly seminars on a variety of topics involving domestic violence and abuse, dealing with teenagers, families, and meditation.
- Furniture and Clothing Center: Centro receives furniture and clothing which are sorted and provided to families and those needing job interview clothing.
- NEW FOR 2012 -- The Centro Shalom Organizing Institute: The California Endowment has funded Centro Shalom's Organizing Institute to train community organizers to assist and support the Endowment in its Building Healthy Communities Initiative. Click here for more information.